Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Public Safety Levy - Poll 2

For all intent purposes, the city will be holding a public safety levy vote in August.

It's still up in the air though if the fire and police will be listed as separate items on the ballot.

I conducted an earlier poll whereby the majority of you did not think the levy will pass. The Tribune conducted a poll too, and their numbers were against it passing as well.

Do you think separating the departments on the ballot will make a difference?

Let us know by participating in my second poll on this issue. I'm trying Polldaddy.com, which gives voters the opportunity to comment once they vote. Please share with us why you voted the way you did. And remember, I don't know who you are unless you tell me (us)!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do I have to create an account at Polldaddy to vote?

I'm voting no on any mill levy increase proposed by current group of "civic leaders". They haven't explained what the money is needed for adequately... and I suspect the real reason for the increase is because the city has lost it's ass in paying for all the HGS hoopla. They'd have the money for the safety plans, if they hadn't blown millions on a coal plant that isn't going to be built.

Anonymous said...

I distinctly remember the Fire Chief falling all over himself in support of the HGS just so he could ride in a bright new fire engine Gregori promised him...No on any further tax increases until this whole mess is cleared up after the the elections this fall.