Monday, March 24, 2008

A New Beginning, I Hope

Today is Gregory Doyan's first day on the job as our new city manager. It has been at least 18 years since we have seen a new face in this position.

It is also the first time in a very long time that we finally have a city commissioner who is actually doing the job. Commissioner Jolley takes her oath to the community very seriously.

Between the two, perhaps we can begin to hope that city government will be less about personal agendas and more about righteously serving the citizens of Great Falls.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Recruiting criteria number 1 - Highwood Coal Plant Proponent.

A New Beginning?

We need more than hope. We need action.

WolfPack said...

Good luck to Mr Doyan! I don't buy into the conspiracy theories claiming he was hand picked to advance some agenda. I've met all of our commissioners and find them to be reasonable people with whom I sometimes disagree. I don't think they have any significant hidden agendas and only wish the best for Great Falls. I do agree that some have been guilty of going along to get along under the Lawton reign but I am hopeful that Mr. Doyan will help change this dynamic.

Sandra Guynn said...

By personal agendas, I mean those who are going out of their way to hide, for whatever reason, what has been going on.

If everything is on the up and up:

Why are there problems getting public documents?

Why are there substantial discrepancies in what is being reported and paid by the fiscal department?

I'm hoping Mr. Doyan will bring openness and fiscal responsibility to our city government.

Anonymous said...

Resolving a going along to get along mentality requires the going along-ers to change. We still have plenty of deadwood on the commission and within city administration.

I suggest all requests for information be cc'd to Mr. Doyan.