Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Concerns From Mary Jolley

Following is an e-mail I received from Mary Jolley:

"Hello from Mary Jolley

I'm concerned with Mr Doyon not being given information.

Bronson and I were given all documents the other elects were given starting right after our victories (my landslide). What we were not given were any of the documents about Water Rights and Reservations, and applications for change. Changes were being applied for at the same time we were supposed to be brought up to speed on important city issues. I do not think the incumbents or elects were permitted to see these due to the significant probability that the public airing of them would have been met with questions.

Questions are not well received by staff. I have asked for information about Commission Action via a public vote that approved the changes. Still waiting. Coleen said it would take a while, she mentioned something about Memos. I have learned that Memos are not really memos but direct orders from staff. No discussion is "necessary."

I was an elected official and I was not shown anything. I looked in a city file. ( Rosenbaum asked me why I wanted to read it. And who I was I going to give it to.)

I found that even after I was elected, "nobody tells me nothin."

Commissioners are not in charge. Even if we try really really hard."

2 comments:

david said...

This is not encouraging. Who has the authority to prod the staffers to provide the requested information?

Anonymous said...

Folks, recall is all we have. Mary needs some responsible adults on the commission to help clean up this mess.

Remember the hands up in the air over the skate park? That was child's play compared to what is smoking and yet to be found.

I have never in my life witnessed such a flock of clueless nincompoops outside of the beltway.

...unless they are actually criminals?