Friday, July 11, 2008

Cable 7

Cable 7 is a private, non-profit corporate entity, a 501 (c) 3.

Following is my opinion based upon what I currently know or think I know of this company:

I definitely think the city should be responsible to see to it that city public meetings are covered and pay for that service, but I don't think the city should be responsible for other non-related programming. (Perhaps Gregg will find out something different if/when he receives a copy of the city's franchise agreement with Bresnan Communications).

The current board needs to take responsibility in getting the remaining positions filled, begin meeting again and start work on a business plan and budget. (I've been told that because it is a private, non-profit entity, the City Commission does not appoint the members).

I received the following information today. On pages 3 and 4, I believe "personal services" should be "personnel services".






If you have questions or find some of this confusing, you're not alone. Perhaps at the budget hearings more explanation and detail will be forthcoming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The city makes a 'heap'of money from Cable companies but gives a 'pittance' for public information media....shame~