Saturday, February 2, 2008

Where's The Proof?

I didn't intend to set out to criticize Ms. Overfield, but it's just that she makes it so damn easy. Most of her blogging never references any sources or proof of allegations. She just says it and we are supposed to automatically believe it.

Her latest post claims the City has "developed parameters for Ms. Baker (the independent investigator for the animal shelter issue). And she knows this how?

And one more thing. I don't appreciate Ms. Overfield writing an open letter to this investigator, addressing it as "We, the citizens..." I didn't give her permission to write a letter to this person on my behalf.

Until this whole animal shelter issue exploded last summer, I knew very little about the Humane Society. Because of Ms. Overfield's constant accusations against the City and Animal Foundation of wrongdoing, without any solid proof, I have a very negative impression of this organization. I doubt if the HSCC has given any real thought to this, but by allowing her to be their mouthpiece, I believe they have greatly diminished their own credibility.

5 comments:

GeeGuy said...

Actually, I am not so sure Ms. Overfield does speak for HSCC.

WolfPack said...

Geeguy- Do you really think HSCC insiders and Overfield are not talking? They seem to be using the same talking points for their public statements.

Sandra Guynn said...

At the last City Commission meeting, at least two members of the HSCC board, including the president, were sitting with Ric Valois, Pam Hendrickson and Amy Lowe.

At the link below, one can read the statements of Ric Valois and Pam Hendrickson demanding that the HSCC be given back control of the shelter and that Amy Lowe and Jason Dern be given positions of authority.

http://overfieldkennel.blogspot.com/2008/01/ric-valois-recall-requests-at-gf.html

Sandra Guynn said...

How could I forget?

In my previous comment, I forgot to mention that Susan agreed (see link) with Ric Valois' statements and demands and added a few comments as well.

GeeGuy said...

Talking? Sitting together?

Those are pretty overfieldian connections for you conspiracy theorists.